Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 8 months ago

What's the proper way to wash a cat?

People say that grabbing your cat by the back of the neck is bad but that's how my cousin does it. Is there a nicer way?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

Just put it in a bathtub or wash basin.Carry it gently. No need to even handle it by the neck. Using a handheld shower will work. Very easy to rinse off the shampoo with a hose ending in a shower head.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Yeah...Drop her into the washer & use Gain with Downy. OK. It's best to use your tongue like her mommy did.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

With a Basset Hound puppy tongue of course. 

Attachment image
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You do not wash a cat, cats clean themselves, and to grab it like that may even cause the cat to die from shock, if it survived it would never trust you again.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Just hold it's head under water until it starts to relax and nap

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I watched a person bathe a cat in a bathtub and the poor cat tried to get out and hit his head against the tub. I've used a damp cloth if needed and then brushed the fur.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

take him to a groomer and let them do it

• 8 months ago

As most cats hate being wet, there really isn't a "nicer" way.

The best you can do is restrain their legs in a way that prevents them from hurting themselves while you're doing it.

• Mandy
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Cats wash and bathe themselves.  Unless, the cat actually got into something, there is no reason to bathe them.

• Rick
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

the dish washer comes to mind ................................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.