Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 month ago

Which of these three black outfits looks most Formal (not night outs!), when your style is not traditional?

I've more of an unconventional type of clothing style which heavy inspired by the 80's like rocker/biker type of looks and I wear a lot of black, my pleather, studded/sparkly or frilly pieces tends to looks too dressy together, BUT I'm not sure these kind of styles like pleather or tulle skirts can look presentable enough for special occasions, other than night-outs. and due to negative sexual associations with the 80s, it's harder to be yourself for dressier occasions cause so many styles incorporate timeless or "Classic" (and I'm tired of buying those stuff just to please the more traditional peers), which is certainly not me.

But, out of the three looks, would any of them be suitable for more formal occasions?

Obviously, not professional as I don't have such lifestyle. Also, I do NOT do night-out or dating, so please no slut-shaming. Normally wear them separated with more casual outfits for daytime wear.

First outfit: A pleated satin skirt (not sure if it's too short), (2nd) a glittery knee lenght tulle skirt and (3rd) a longer pleather skirt. I prefer go simple with accessories.

Favorite Answer

The pencil skirt on the right. The middle and left- although SO CUTE- has a more "going out and being flirty and fun" feel. Pencil skirts are flattering and sophisticated, and lastly, classy. 

But it's how you feel, and what you feel best in. I love your style, keep it up! :)

The third one, it's neat and quite formal while still suiting your unique style

i would just wear whichever one you want