Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 weeks ago

Pregnant wife is becoming unbearable ?

I have a fiery and super-short-tempered wife, who loses her cool the moment something doesn’t work the way she wanted. Sometimes she blurts out really nasty things which I fear is beginning to push me away. I mean literally since the weeks she found out she was pregnant I've been dealing with. Its been 7 months of verbal and emotional abuse. Ive been called every name in the book and it seem like just being in the same room as her annoys her to her core. On top of that she has no desire for intimacy so it's also been 7 months since we made love. But I love her very much and I want to provide and give her a happy life because, when calm, she is an amazing person to be around and we are excited to be expecting a daughter in two month. I really don’t know how to approach or calm her down without aggravating her, so I just find myself distancing away from her to give her space, which does work sometimes, but even that at times annoys her because she thinks I am sulking when I stay away and say nothing to her. She is a good person at heart. 

• Foofa

If ever there was a definition of the difference between male and female sexuality this is it. Your wife is treating you abhorrently yet you still want to have sex with her. Any woman treated that way would have zero interest in intimacy with her emotionally abusive partner. At any rate, pregnancy hormones can be awful and clearly you two should have sought some marriage counseling months ago. You don't seem to want to give up on the marriage so go ahead and try that.

"7 months of verbal and emotional abuse" and "she's good at heart" doesn't make sense.

She's abusive, the fact that she's pregnant probably has just given her an excuse to become more abusive towards you excusing herself on "hormones". I'm a woman. Pregnancies don't turn you into a monster that calls your husband names.

You do recognise she has always had temper issues, but just until know you seem to see that's much worse.

You say "I love her very much" sorry but that's irrelevant. Love alone never has or will make a relationship work if also there isn't respect and communication.Your wife is an abuser. Get out of that relationship.

Relationship should be pleasurable. 

In Hell we can live on our own.

With that said,  create your  Heaven together.

• funny

You are seeing the good & bad of her, Talk less but be attentive. Let her know you love her unconditionally. Birth of your daughter should brings her calmness!

I feel sorry for you, it's going to be hell on earth for you. Sounds like she has been spoiled rotten all her life. I don't think she even has a heart. 

• Expat

Good luck pal! You’re not the first husband to face what you’re describing, and I’d like to tell you there’s probably a happy ending coming later, but you probably know exactly where it’s headed.

her hormones might be acting up

How in the world can you say "she is an amazing person to be around " prefacing it with "Ive been called every name in the book and it seem like just being in the same room as her annoys her to her core."

Pregnancy shouldn't be that big of a burden.....Indians in America would birth a child in the corner of a field strap it to their back and be back in the field working an hour later.....no excuse for abusive behavior to that extent but certainly worth consulting her OBGYN for solutions. 

FUCKIF I WOULD want to be in your shoes.

• Ace Shorty
      4 weeks agoReport

You sure about that?