Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 8 months ago

If someone breaks into my house can i shoot them with my gun?

It depends on the laws in your particular state.  I live in a Castle Doctrine State ( your home is your castle).  One can use deadly force against anyone who illegally enters their home or occupied vehicle.  Some states require that you be in "imminent danger of death or great bodily harm".  Some states even require that you retreat, and deadly force is only a last resort.  

GO ahead... I AM NOT GOING TO LOAN YOU ANY OF MINE TO SHOOT THEM WITH.

Of course in law anyone who come Inside a house in another person property can be killed 

No, by law you must shoot yourself

Source(s): Big Peepee

If you shoot and kill any person who breaks into your house who wasn't aiming a gun or pointing a knife at you;  You will most likely be tried for either manslaughter or murder!

• Clive

I'm sure you can. Ending up in court on a charge of murder is of course a mere detail.

If someone breaks INTO MY HOUSE, which is my sanctuary,  then I will assume they intend harm and they will take some 00 buckshot in the chest. If I can't feel safe in my own home, there is a problem with the law.

Illegal entry.....shoot away

• Kyle

depends on where you live.  you can always call 911 too.  

Only if you feel your life or someone else's life is in danger. If they grab your TV and are headed out the door, you can not shoot them in the back. (But if you happen to be between them and the door and they keep coming at you, that is different.)