Should I pull an all-nighter to get on a better sleep schedule?

Last week I've been having trouble falling asleep before 1 or 2 am and I had to get up at 7am every morning to get to school. So last night I let myself sleep in and I slept from around 3 am to around around 2 pm. Would pulling an all nighter make it easier to fall asleep earlier?

I know someone that goes through bouts of insomnia that wreck his sleeping patterns so he resets things by staying up for a minimum of 24 hours before trying to sleep.  Sometimes that doesn't work so he's had to extend that to 32 hours.  The longest he went without sleep was 42 hours.

No. Your sleep pattern is already very disturbed. The only way to get a better pattern of sleep back is to go to bed early and wake up early. Keep a track of the time you go to bed and the time you wake. What you need to do is re-establish good sleeping patterns and not do all-nighters and develop a severe sleeping disorder that will result in you falling asleep at the wheel, sitting in class, even walking along the street. These microsleeps are dangerous. Establish good sleep habits and you'll be much healthier.

You’re a dumb dinosaur