Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 weeks ago

Husbands sister was abnormal will this be a problem for my future baby?

My husbands sister was abnormal and she is no more now and my friend told me to that this could affect my baby. 

• Foofa

You and your husband should go see a genetic counselor before you procreate if you think there's some genetic problem in the family bloodline. Both sides of both sides of mine and my spouse's families carry various things and we did this and were able to produce healthy children.

Depends o the reason for that disability.

Some conditions are inherited. Others can only be inherited if BOTH parents carry the faulty genes.

Some are sex linked - which may mean the other sex doesn't get it at all.

Some disabilities are a result of problems with the pregnancy, premature birth or from the birthing process itself.

Some can result from a stroke or complications from another illness.

Without knowing the particular disability and its causes its impossible to know if it could be inherited or not.

Some come about after birth due to an illness (like measles) or an injury.

Higher chance of getting an abnormal baby, but not absolutely high. Take the risk if you really love him.