can i become a part time high school teacher and work only mondays and tuesdays and still be a freelance writer that works from home?

i am thinking about becoming a high school part time teacher and still be a freelance writer that works from home but my question is that can i still become a part time high school teacher that does teaching on mondays and tuesdays only and then work from home as a freelance writer on wednesdays and thursdays

8 Answers

Relevance
  • drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Become a substitute teacher.  In Illinois average pay is $129 per day.  You can pick what days you work.   The  more flexibility you have the more you will be called to sub.  So if you only want to work 2/3 days a week, be willing to work any day M-F.  

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Even if you could, there would be no market for your writing, if this is a fair sample.

You mean 'a teacher WHO works from home'. You can't ask questions like 'my question is that can I'.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

work for k-12 or another online school. Its flexible work at home.

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Sure. Apply to the schools that hold classes only two days each week.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Eva
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Maybe as a substitute, but there is no market for part time teachers. Substitutes don't get paid very much and don't get any benefits.

• Rick
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

MAYBE in a local community college !!!!

• 2 months ago

It is very unlikely that nay high school would have the need for or salary allocation for a part-time teacher that could only work two of the five schools days.  In public high schools in the U.S., teachers are required to be certified and jobs are usually listed as FTE (full time equivalent).  I'm sure there are some schools somewhere in need of a part-time teacher for something, but you might not be qualified for that job.  Further more, even a P/T teaching job would be expected to teach the students each day the class was held, and I don't know of any school where they teach a subject only on Monday and Tuesday

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You would find it extremely difficult to get a teaching job just for those days.

Schools want full time staff.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.