Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

I feel like an idiot having to ask this question, but is it ok to flush condoms down the toilet?

Nope! Plastic or rubber have often the nasty habit of clogging the plumbing.

• Mr. L.
      4 weeks agoReport

Listen to Dirgis, I am not a plumber but I know a lot about plumbing, done a lot of plumbing repair, etc, keep condoms out of the plumbing, especially if you have a septic system.  

• Tj

If it is your own home, make sure the plumbing is up to 100%....if not put it in a small brown bag and into the garbage.

I did it on a regular basis when I was 21 and she was only 16!

no, it will clog the toilet.

Only if you want to pay a high bill for a plumber and you have to explain what happened. 

No, it could clog up the toilet, and then you are going to have a plumbing issue. Throw them in the trash. 

• ron h

I squeezed the air out and tied a knot so they wouldn't try to float up and get stuck in the drain pipes.  I wrapped some TP around them before flushing and I flushed a little more TP down with a second flush.  Outside trash IS the best thing to do if animals don't drag them out of the trash cans. 

• patty
      1 month agoReport

wrap them in paper and throw in garbage

its embarrassing if the plumber is called

• patty

stuff like that end up in the ocean, fish ingest it and die

• ron h
      1 month agoReport

usually not.  municipal sewer systems screen them out. It's the garbage and motor oil from storm drains that doesn't always get cleaned up  And treatment plants can't extract drugs (and piss that contains drugs) from sewer water. 

If you are on a septic system it is a bad idea. They really should be disposed of in the waste basket as they are not made of biodegradable material.