why do professors care more about phones then teaching?

i feel like if a student is busy on the phone they shouldn't care! one day i was in class texting and my professor said put your phone away or leave...they act like our parents it's annoying.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

WTF! You're in college and bitching about being told to put your phone away.  Look up the word "punk."  Seriously look it up.  Your high school teachers had to tolerate your punk behavior in order to keep their jobs.  College professors don't give a dam if you miss class or don't complete your assignments.  But you better follow the classroom rules because they can have you removed and you don't get a refund.  Time to grow up.  Oh and by the way, your mommy or daddy can't do a dam thing about it.

Source(s): I taught students from grades 5 to PHDs.
    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Mr. L.
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

It’s rude, you were wrong, grow up and admit it. 

• Amber1 month agoReport

Ok yeah i was 

• Lili
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's because we DO care about teaching that we care about phones. You can't learn what we are trying to teach if you are preoccupied with your phone.

You know that, so find some sharper way to troll and try to grow up. This post suggests that you're neither mature nor bright enough to be in college.

• Amber1 month agoReport

Ok thank you I’m be sure to have a great day 

• Clive
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You're in class to learn, not to text.  How do you concentrate on the lesson if you're texting?  And why do you have no respect for your professor when he's trying to educate you?  If you're going to be using your phone, what are you in the class for?  It's you who is the inconsiderate one ignoring him.  He DOES care about teaching and he can't teach anyone whose mind is on their phone.

• Amber1 month agoReport

These professor do not care but okay 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

There is no need, or reason, for a cell phone to be out of your pocket or backpack, in class.  The communication you should be involved in is what goes on in class--the lecture, the questions, the discussions, note-taking, etc.  Texting friends, playing games, and using cell phones to cheat are not allowed,  

Your prof does "care" about teaching, which is why you are asked to ditch the phone,  You are distracting that teacher, other students, and showing disrespect.  Perhaps you are too immature to be in college, or you are there for all the wrong reasons.  If you don't belong in college, don't waste your time, money, or anyone else's.  Figure out where you belong, and follow through.  BTW--good luck finding an environment with no rules!

• Amber1 month agoReport

Ok

• 1 month ago

Because you are an inconsiderate asshole taking up space in the class and texting instead of listening to him . I would bounce  your *** also if you were in my class. Guess what, you are not entitled because you bother to show you. You won't become CEO a month after you start a job, and employers want you there when you are needed, not when you bother to show up

• 1 month ago

But it's precisely because they DO care more about teaching that they don't want students using phones in class.Teaching IS more important, so if students are on their phones the teaching is being wasted.

EDIT to add: Perhaps if you listened to your teacher instead of texting you would learn to say 'more THAN', not 'more THEN'.

• Amber1 month agoReport

Ok 

• Elaine
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Since texting is more important than paying attention in class, do everyone a favour and quit the class.  You sound like the student who gets a low mark and blames it on the teacher. 

• Amber1 month agoReport

Ok I’ll end the class tomorrow because i texted in class 

• Wundt
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You are being rude.  The professor was 100% correct to ask you to leave if you are not paying attention.  You are exactly the sort of student who shows up to office hours the week before finals complaining that you are failing the class.

• ...Show all comments
    • Wundt
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I was a college instructor for several years, I remember students like you well. 

• 1 month ago

What's the point of enrolling if you're going to use your phone during the session? Consider dropping out of college.

• Amber1 month agoReport

doing to much 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.