Should I get a teaching degree without being licensed?

I'm majoring in education but in order to work in a public school I'd need to be licensed. I'm having a hard time passing the licensure tests. Should I get this degree anyway or would it be a waster of a degree if I don't pass the state teaching licensure tests. 

• Lili

Well, given the work you've out in, you should complete the degree, but you really should work on passing the exam.  Is it possible that your program just hasn't prepared you very well?  

Sometimes they don't. I remember a number of years ago, only two colleges in a certain state, both elite and top-ranked schools, saw all of their candidates for certification pass the state exam. A really shocking number of students at other colleges didn't pass.

Whether the problem is your program or you, you may want to seek outside help --  tutoring and so forth.

• Elaine

You need to look at the reasons for having a hard time passing the licensure tests.  That will give you your answer.