How come jesus didn't get married or have kids?
And would his kids have powers like him??
- AlLv 63 days ago
Because writers invented the version of Jesus we read about, but more than likely, Jesus was more just like a regular human in many ways, probably went to the bathroom the same way we do, the only thing that separated Jesus from the rest, was his awareness of the Father within him, and he recognized it within us...why else would he call people hypocrites? Humans are idol worshipers, He taught that there is no death, he told his disciples, Let the Dead bury their dead.....how can the dead bury the dead? unless......death isn't what we think it is.....Aha!
- 3 days ago
when you are jesus fuc-ing Christ you just walk around swinging your man-meat and screwin' everything mind... like, duh........
- RichardLv 63 days ago
My lawnman, Jesus Martinez, IS married, and has 3 very nice kids.
- Not ApplicableLv 63 days ago
As a Jewish man of that era, indeed a rabbi, he was likely married. There has been speculation that Mary Magdalene was his spouse. Some of the so-called Gnostic Gospels seem to point to it even more so. Did he have children? Unless the couple was unable to conceive, it is likely they had at least one child. There are folktales about Mary Magdalene being pregnant at the crucifixion, but we don't hear much about that later on. Again, details are quite vague. Record-keeping in that era left much to be desired by today's standards.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- antoniusLv 74 days ago
We all should know that non-existent characters don't marry.
- Roberta BLv 64 days ago
He could have legally, as an unmarried man all of his human life, but there are a few obvious reasons why he did not choose to:
1. He knew from Bible prophecy that he was only going to be alive until he was about 33 years old. Daniel's prophecy in chapter 9:24-27 indicates that he would appear as the Messiah on a particular year, and then for a week (of years) the covenant with Israel would continue, and that at half of that week, or 3 1/2 years after the start of his ministry, the Messiah would be cut off. So his life as a human would end, and if he married, he would not have anything for a wife or children to inherit. He even had to direct that one of his apostles must take care of his widowed mother. John 19:26-27
2. At one point, in a discussion about divorce, Jesus spoke about a eunuch (which literally means a castrated man, but in this case, it refers to any unmarried man who did not fornicate), and he said:
11 “Not all men make room for the saying, but only those who have the gift. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs on account of the Kingdom of the heavens. Let the one who can make room for it make room for it.” Matthew 19:11-12
Apparently, because of the tremendously vital work that he had to do during his short ministry on earth, Jesus had opted to make himself a eunuch on account of the Kingdom of the heavens. He had many female friends, including Mary and Martha, the sisters of Lazarus (John 11:5), and the women who were cured by him and afterward regularly supported his ministry and that of the apostles (Luke 8:1-3)
3. There are also the parables that picture him as a "bridegroom", and he is on his way to meet his "bride" Matthew 25:1-4 and going to his marriage feast Matthew 22:1-14. Also, John the Baptist called himself the "friend of the bridegroom" John 3:28-30
Clearly, Jesus' interest is not in marrying one female human and settling down and raising a family, but about his Bride who represents those who will be in heaven with him 2 Corinthians 11:2. She is mentioned several times in the book of Revelation, notably in Revelation 14:1-3, which will be numbered 144,000 spiritual Israelites As the apostle Paul tells at Romans 2:28, 29:
“For he is not a Jew who is one on the outside, nor is circumcision that which is on the outside upon the flesh. But he is a Jew who is one on the inside, and his circumcision is that of the heart by spirit, and not by a written code. The praise of that one comes, not from men, but from God.”
So these are all good reasons to believe that Jesus Christ did NOT get married while on the earth. He died for our sins, was resurrected three days later, and 40 days later returned to heaven, waiting for his Bride to be gathered to him for his marriage in heaven.Source(s): The inspired Scriptures, which tell us the truth about Jesus.
- PaulLv 75 days ago
Because He came to Earth for a specific reason, which did not include having a family of His own. There was no Mrs. God.
- canadacraigLv 75 days ago
Jesus had a purpose for being. And it did not include getting married and having kids. It would be interesting though if he did. Imagine being HIS son's best friend. I wonder... would you get tired of him always being better than you?!
- Chi girlLv 75 days ago
God the Son wasn't interested in anything but the souls of his creatures.Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
- Anonymous5 days ago
Didn't have time according to the Bible I think