Christians, who will go to heaven in this hypothetical situation (read below)?

Craig is a Christian. He does charity whenever and wherever he can. He volunteers at soup kitchens, drives for Meals On Wheels, and more, for thirty years. But one day, upon returning home from his rounds, Craig finds his house in shambles, and his wife and child dead. The police are worse than useless, and Craig loses faith in God. Despairing, he takes his own life.

Robert is an atheist, and incidentally also a burglar. One day, he breaks into a house which turns out to be occupied. A woman and child. Panicking, Robert shoots them both and flees the scene. But he is overwhelmed with guilt, and begins reading the Bible. He prays to God for forgiveness, and becomes a Christian. Upon hearing that the husband of the woman he killed is dead, Robert turns himself in. He is brutally murdered in prison.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

According to the twisted cult of Christianity, Craig, who gave up on God after his family was murdered, will go to hell, while Robert, who murdered Craig's family, will go to heaven.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

God has made marvelous arrangements for blessing obedient mankind. How grand is His purpose to take from among humankind 144,000 tried and faithful persons to share with his Son Jesus Christ in ruling over the earth

• 2 months ago

Maybe neither. There are three glorious resurrections, which offer at least five distinct glorious rewards in the afterlife.

Murder is handled differently from other sins. There is no forgiveness for it, only eventual redemption.

• 2 months ago

The matter is resolved in Gen. 18:25, regardless of hypotheticals anyone can dream up. "Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?"

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Ralph
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The fact of the matter: I do not know at the time that Craig died that he was a true believer of God, if he was then he was saved, as for the Atheist, God The Lord Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior could have saved him before he died in prison, because God said it is better for you lay down your life for another person than to live.

Source(s): King James holy bible
  • 2 months ago

Suicide sends people to hell. Repentance brings forgiveness.

• 2 months ago

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)

Jesus died on the cross for ALL sins - not just the petty thefts. Both Craig and Robert became brothers in Christ, though they passed each other like "ships in the night", they will re-unite together in Heaven having been washed in the blood of the Lamb.

• 2 months ago

Bible doesn't say suicide keeps anyone out of Heaven. In fact Bible doesn't mention suicide.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Cool story, crow.

• ...Show all comments
    • Corvus Blackthorne
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

You are trolling me. You are constantly harassing me, even when I have not done anything to offend. What the hell else would I call it, you piece of shít!?

• 2 months ago

Many felons become pastors (like Reverend Tex Watson of the murderous Manson Clan, who brutally murdered his victims with no compassion).  They don't really believe in God, but they think that they will get a lighter sentence if the chumps fall for their spiel.  In your story, the murderer really does believe, and apparently atones and turns himself in.  I don't know of any real cases like that.  In the book of Matthew, Jesus said that anyone who believes in him will go to heaven.  That means that felons go to heaven, and they will sit beside you when you get there, and heaven will be more like hell.  I think that belief is not enough.  I think that atonement is necessary (a firm belief that one will never do that sin again and that they are sorry for sinning in the first place).  If atoned murderers went to heaven, it would still be heaven (not hell).  There are plenty of people who try to mislead others, and many of them are pastors.  Reverend Jim Bakker and Tammy Fay Bakker were phonies.  Tammy Fay Bakker claimed that she had learned her lesson....then she said that the lesson that she had learned was "not to get caught."  Jim Bakker, of course, is in trouble again, this time (according to the website below) he is selling a phony cure for the coronavirus.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.