Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

Are the Beatles still relevant and known today because old people are still talking about them?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Yes, although a lot of young people don’t care for them.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Most teens I ask have heard of them but they are not familiar with the music. I ask what is your favorite music and most say that their not into music. Many don't play an instrument, don't play sports, enjoy the outdoors or read. Technology. Fantastic.

• 2 months ago

Young and old do and there is a legion of fans from the far East who visit Liverpool and are not old, visiting because of the Beatles. Plus businesses still surviving from the Beatles. I can't describe them as old, legendary but not old as in outdated.

• 2 months ago

Of course. They were a great band. They were lyrical geniuses who wrote such thought-provoking lyrics as na-na-na-nanana-naaaaa...hey Jude repeated 300 times. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I have the Blue compilation CD. A lot of it still sounds fresh.

• 2 months ago

they were just a boyband. the start of manufactured pop. the downfall to the music industry. all of the real talent was in the 40's and 50's. 

• Ding Dong
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

A boyband? Really? Most of them don't write songs and are not capable of playing instruments, usually don't have straight male fans. The same can't be said about the Beatles.

• Dv8s
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The Beatles are still relevant because they were a great band, with great songs that will be around long after you have left this world.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I was bought up listening to their music in the 60s so yes they are relevant to me. 

• 2 months ago

many young  know them as they're a great band 

https://youtu.be/Qyclqo_AV2M

Youtube thumbnail

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They are relevant because they were *good*.

This is a constant, and that will not change simply because two of them are dead, and that they disbanded 50 years ago.

Ever heard of Bach? Beethoven? Mozart? You think that they are no longer pertinent, centuries after their death?

• Killmouseky2 months agoReport

Jay Z and many other rappers from America are much better than The Beatles. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.