Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMathematics · 2 months ago

How do I stop cursing and screaming when self studying math?

I am currently self-studying math to fulfill the final requirement for my degree and it has been the worst experience of my life. Everyday I try to study the material and just end up cursing and screaming at the computer screen in sheer frustration. Math has caused me physical trauma (i.e., high blood pressure) and I suspect mental trauma as well. My university is refusing to exempt me from the math & I am having a hard time accepting that I am being barred from entering the work force (as a non-math major) because of my inability to calculate numbers. 

This has been an extremely painful for me. Do you all have any tips for getting through this? 

Get a tutor is one option.  

Another is to slow down and back up to where you do understand what you are doing and move SLOWLY ahead.  You may be rushing too quickly and getting lost in material.