Is it bad for a 23 year old man to still live in his mother's house?

It’s not necessarily “bad”, because many young adults now live with parents, but they contribute monetarily and and with household tasks and responsibilities so it’s a win for both. Otherwise, they’re either being enabled to bum.

Depends.

We are in crises now with this virus.

Also renting can be expensive.

He shouldn’t stay there forever, but leave when he can afford too.

My friend is 41 & still lives with her mother.

highly varies. im 27 i still live with my parents. well dad and my mom is at home but she is cremated. if mooching it's bad like even at my age i help contribute to bills and all that. 

if i was dating a girl and she wanted to move out to start a family i'd suggest she move in. if not then we look at our financial situation and options. i can almost bet moving in at home will help your financial situation then renting. a lot of people in my state struggle to buy their own home. they want to but can't afford. i don't blame them thus why thinking of the situation is a must. 

a lot of apartments here are over priced and very small. 

Now you have to make sure you're not infected around her.

Depends... my heritage basically doesn't move out unless/until they are married.

It depends. If you are just mooching off your parents, no job, not in school, not helping around the house, then it is bad, like you are a worthless bum bad. But if you are have a job, paying rent, helping your parents out, getting out having a normal social life, and your parents are ok with it, it is not bad at all - it's actually a smart move financially. Either way, you must devise an exit plan and set a goal to get out on your own. I actually still lived at home when I was 23, and the prospect of living on my own scared me a bit. I moved out the next year, and soon wondered why I was so scared about it and wished I had done it sooner. I don't feel as if living at home so long really negatively affected me or held me back. Success and personal growth is about your work ethic and drive to be better, not about where you live. 

Depends.

If he's living in the basement, unemployed, playing video games all day, and depending on his mother to support him, then yes it's bad.

If he has a job, contributes to the household expenses and upkeep, then it's acceptable.

• Dv8s

Not in this economy.

Depends on a variety of circumstances. 

Not really. It is probably cheaper than moving out.