I just got an email from my church suggesting that I should send in my tithing. Should I and do you think it's rude ?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

They have to run their church, and they need donations to do so. You have been sitting in their pews, so you need to pay for that privilege.

• David
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I'm sure you aren't the only one to get the email. And despite not having services, church expenses don't go away. Don't be offended. As to sending in your tithe, that's between you and God.

• 8 months ago

It's self-serving, anyway. Yes, send in your tithing to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You'll be blessed for it.

• 8 months ago

I would think it wise, in light of the current state of things, to double or triple your tithe, just in case.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

The Church still has to pay its bills. Are you a supporting member of that church, or not?

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

You don't have "tithing" and no one can "send tithing."  You prove you know nothing about it, troll.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

That just goes to show you what they are really interested in.

• 8 months ago

Send it, or else you might not have a church to go back to later in the year.

• 8 months ago

Yes you should.  No it's not rude.  Missionaries still need support.  The pastor needs to feed his family.  The utility bill at the church needs to be paid. Etc., etc.   Remember, it's not your money.  It belongs to God.  Having said that, I hope you are a member of a good, Bible-believing church.  If not, consider sending the tithe  to a church that is.  Pray for wisdom.   

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

They are there for your money.  They will demand you give it to them, or else.

Christianity in North america is no more than a foul protection racket.

Capone copied it perfectly, but alas, he forgot to get tax exempt before running a fraud and racket.  The church didn't forget that detail, so their fraud is OK.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.