? asked in Social SciencePsychology · 6 months ago

If there is a way to control what thoughts show in or enter the brain, what is it, does the brain itself produce these thoughts ?

as of right now there is no way to control what thoughts enter your brain but there is technics to help you cope with haveing all thoughts and to learn to live with them like one does HIV.

Yes there is a way to control your thought patterns by using Ed De Bono's The Six Thinking Hats method. This is also part of lateral thinking too.

• J P

Mind your mind. The brain is an organ with something you may have heard of called "memory." Our memories wire us to have thoughts pop up in the brain cells. Any time we associate what is happening now with something we remember, thoughts can arise. Sometimes it's helpful. If I had a bad experience with a certain person, for example, and that person showed up unexpectedly, I might have a thought arise telling me "avoid/limit time spent with this person." But when thoughts are random, useless, or unreasonably negative, it's time to mind the mind and let those float off into the ether. It's almost like paying no attention, but actually better. Mind your mind. Don't fill the treasure chest with trash. Let the trash float outside into the waste bin.

I only see what I want to see.  I let the brain work it out on its own.  Sometimes we get along and sometimes we don't.  Getting it all united and working in one unit is not easy.  Especially when right now I don't want to.  

• Jesere

The mind produces thoughts, the brain is just a receiver. Once you have a thought you can control how you act upon the thought.

the brain generates thoughts...