What is this star (part 2) !?

Hey!  I asked a question around 2 days back asking what star I was seeing! Well I never used to pay much attention to it but the other day when I asked the question I observed it for a couple of hours while doing other things and it does move! Lol.  I took another picture of it on the same day at 00:55 and it had moved, and also there appeared to me another star next to it but smaller! If you look carefully it's a small star on its left side. 

Here is a other photo that I took of the same star/planet, but this time moved. Photo was taken at 00:55, southern direction, UK. 

Update:

I really don't know anything about planets/stars !   But since paying attention to this Im becoming more interested in it. 

Update 2:

Its above the tree

Attachment image

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Mike
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The Earth rotates, so every star and planet we see at night moves during the night.

It was likely Jupiter.

• 2 months ago

Sciencenut is correct - Jupiter and Saturn.  Just as they're ready to set, (early in the morning), Mars rises, followed by Venus. 

• 2 months ago

It is definitely Jupiter, and the smaller one is Saturn. If you try again around 4:00AM, you can see Mars. 

• 2 months ago

Without more information from you about which direction were you looking at approximately what time and your general location no one can tell you. I am assuming you mean that spot to the left of the tree. That probably really is a star and not a planet. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

nothing visible in that photo.

stars and planets do move across the sky, but that is apparent only, and is due to the earth's rotation.  Planets will exhibit a small motion with respect to the stars. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.