Lv 7
asked in SportsTennis · 2 months ago

was that tennis player from Serbia deserving to be kicked out of the US open just because he accidentily hit a referee with a tennis ball ?

anyone wonder what would have happened to the great and honorable George Floyd had he been in same situation? why? what about Jacob Blake? or Breonna Taylor?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

No.

1. If the video I could find is reliable, he did not hit the ball with full strength and speed...

2. when players are serving -- full force and speed - line judges ,usually can avoid the ball...

3. I could not see -find a video what happens with her, but it seems to me that she was not focused on terrain...

4. If I had a ticket , sitting, watching...I would not like arbitrary chosen winner...

5. By the way, technology could replace line judges, right now, we have an additional reason - for their own safety.

(I've copied my own answer on similar q( 1+;4-))

Just to say it , again, it is not ok when rules are above tennis( or any other sport competition).

I don't know for players you have mentioned, I barely could reconstruct what happened from short video - which shows Djokovic's forehand from elbow ...by the way it seems he did not change the direction of the ball!?

• 4 days ago

it's a clear rule violation and comes with an automatic default

• 4 weeks ago

Most definitely.    He fired what could be a lethal weapon at an innocent line judge in a fit of rage.    Rules is rules, whoever you are.   The man needs anger management help.

• Yes- it's a clear rule violation and comes with an automatic default.  Same thing happened 3 years ago to Canadian Denis Shapovolov who got defaulted for the exact same thing during a Davis Cup match.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Kieth
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Rules are rules, he acted out and that got him on his new career path as a guy in an insurance commercial.

• Biff
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

They would also have been kicked out, and deserved it. But they still don’t deserve to be dead right now. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.