Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 1 month ago

Hello I have a PhD in entomology. How do I find a job that suits me?

Please do not think I am a troll. I am a knowledge seeking participant of Yahoo answers and I am just wondering about jobs for people with an entomology degree.  I was under the impression that very knowledgeable people were in this section and that they would not mind if I asked this question in this section but I guess I was wrong. I will move my question to a better a category now.

I too have a Ph.D. in entomology.  Most entomologists in the U.S. are employed by either the U.S. Department of Agriculture or State Departments of Agriculture.  You can obtain a list of vacant USDA positions online.  I'm not sure about the best way to find a job with a state.  You might also want to contact the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture to see what positions are open.  Good luck.

LOL you got a PhD in something, and you come here and ask us how to look for a job??

retire your PhD , its been a big waste thats all I can say LOL

• Tom

you apply at a college or university that teaches it.

You are probably looking at working for the Dept. of Agriculture, a pesticide company, biotech, an environmental group or teaching. There are museum jobs, but I suspect they are rare.

Get into food production. People are breeding crickets and making cricket flour for food production, it's still a bit pricey at the moment, but the Chinese have been eating bugs for ages.

Since Volkswagen discontinued Beetle in 2019, there is no hope for you

Well...you'll want to look at jobs for the guys who are trying to fight insects.

No you don't.  If you did, you would be smart enough to not anonymously ask such a question in the Religion section of Q&A forum well known for being overrun by trolls.  Like yourself.

@Shadowfire - quality gag.

SPEAK WITH A COLLEGE COUNSELOR...

Go bug somebody else.

Source(s): Get it? See what I did there?