Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 1 month ago

Hello I have a PhD in entomology. How do I find a job that suits me?

Update:

Please do not think I am a troll. I am a knowledge seeking participant of Yahoo answers and I am just wondering about jobs for people with an entomology degree.  I was under the impression that very knowledgeable people were in this section and that they would not mind if I asked this question in this section but I guess I was wrong. I will move my question to a better a category now.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

I too have a Ph.D. in entomology.  Most entomologists in the U.S. are employed by either the U.S. Department of Agriculture or State Departments of Agriculture.  You can obtain a list of vacant USDA positions online.  I'm not sure about the best way to find a job with a state.  You might also want to contact the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture to see what positions are open.  Good luck.

• 1 month ago

LOL you got a PhD in something, and you come here and ask us how to look for a job??

retire your PhD , its been a big waste thats all I can say LOL

• Tom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

you apply at a college or university that teaches it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You are probably looking at working for the Dept. of Agriculture, a pesticide company, biotech, an environmental group or teaching. There are museum jobs, but I suspect they are rare.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Get into food production. People are breeding crickets and making cricket flour for food production, it's still a bit pricey at the moment, but the Chinese have been eating bugs for ages.

• 1 month ago

Since Volkswagen discontinued Beetle in 2019, there is no hope for you

• 1 month ago

Well...you'll want to look at jobs for the guys who are trying to fight insects.

• 1 month ago

No you don't.  If you did, you would be smart enough to not anonymously ask such a question in the Religion section of Q&A forum well known for being overrun by trolls.  Like yourself.

@Shadowfire - quality gag.

• 1 month ago

SPEAK WITH A COLLEGE COUNSELOR...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Go bug somebody else.

Source(s): Get it? See what I did there?
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.