Adam asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 1 month ago

Many museums have digital catalogs of their collections. What are the potential benefits and harms of creating these digital catalogs?

Hi

Adam

Benefit would be thought of being paper-free as visitor would access the catalogue from their cellphones and use it as per their ease.

I am not familiar with museum catalogs but I do like the digital catalogs found in libraries. Makes searches for material much quicker. Of course sometimes human errors do creep in. Information needs to be typed into the catalogs, and sometimes typos happen.

Sounds like a homework question to me!

The benefits seem to be obvious to me. Just think for yourself on that one. The harms could only arise from those with criminal minds, IMO!

There is no harm in it.     

• Sumi

Man, do your own homework.

so people can look at it

• qrk

The harm part is it may take away walk-through traffic to view the collection which reduces income.

Benefits are obvious.