Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health & Beauty · 1 month ago

What happens if you ran away from hospital?

Like if you just had a bad accident like getting in a car crash and you are still in a bad condition would you be brought back? If you were what would happen if you escaped again?

unless someone reports you left and calls a hospital, then you would just be alone and you would have to call a hospital again...  i was in psychiatric ward and went home when i got a break but my mom called the psychiatric unit again and I had to return there. 

Depends on whats wrong.

• Shay

If you was in an accident - they MIGHT try to relocate you because they would suspect you had something to hide.  If there had not been a clear cause determined for the accident yet, they might consider it similar to "hit and run" if you leave before you are cleared of being at fault in the cause of the accident.

Otherwise, if you leave the hospital, they don't look for you.

Nobody would bother to bring you back. If a patient leaves AMA (against medical advice) it's assumed they're refusing treatment and you'd be on your own.

Good evening.

You would not be brought back.

However, if you escape a hospital before they check you out, you will most likely die of complications. It would probably be very painful, whether it is internal bleeding or infection.

-Dave Miller.

I wouldn’t try to escape from the hospital at all. I’d just lay there in the hospital bed while I was recovering.