Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Is it weird that my girlfriend is still friends with her ex and hangs out at his place from time to time?

I trust her. She wouldn’t cheat. I’m just wondering if it’s normal for girls to say friends with their ex. 

I think its weird to even just be friends with an ex but to hang out with them is weird too. Even if it's not often but i think you have to decide if that's something you're comfortable with if not that might be something to talk about. I would say if it interferes with the relationship between you two in a negative way that its a problem that should be addressed because relationships are sensitive early on anyways and those first few months and years are very formative so that being said you don't want any extra stress on your relationship.

Yes it is weird, she is a thot and you give her a p*ssy pass to ride as much D as she wants

'hangs out at his place'. Don't take this personally but you have got to respect yourself more and not allow that kind of bs from her. The fact that you allow her to do this shows that you have no self-respect. Don't take that action from anyone. You have to be more assertive in yourself. Why the hell would you let her walk over you and disrespect you like that? What kind of a person lets his partner 'hang out at his place' with their exes? A person that does not have the confidence or the balls to call their partners out on it. Get a grip. Don't take this action from her. The fact that you are asking this question shows that you are worried about what is going on between them regardless of whether you have the guts to admit it or not. If you truly weren't worried, you wouldn't be asking. You need to have self-respect bud.

It is weird. What exactly does "hangs out at his place" mean? How frequently is from time to time? At what time of the day? If it's just to say hi and have a cup of coffee, then OK. Once a month or more is too much for an ex. Children have sleepover parties, adults don't. So if she spends the night with him, then it's definitely fishy.

There isn't really a concept of friendship between the exes... You either get into a relationship and have sex with the person or break up and have nothing to do with him. I think she still kinda has feelings for the ex.

No that’s all bad .if she respected you that wouldn’t even be happening .  She cheating in my opinion .  Go hangout with your ex and see what she thinks. Bottom line if you do not like it and let her know she should respect that and not hangout with him . 

Its quite normal and usual. You have to turn blind eye or accept that they are still having an intimate relationship. Good luck and keep a record for future use.

Yes its really weird. You should talk it over. You could probably ask her if she's still has the feelings for her ex. It might be due to their strong attachment in the past. If still she can't help but still keep on hanging out on him then you really need make things more challenging. Do something that goes beyond what his ex can offer/do. 

Everyone is different.

For me, personally, I couldn't stand it.

That seems like she is 50/50'ing our relationship (to me). 

• Jesere

I have stayed friends with my ex husband been 10 years. We live in different states.

• P

Definitely not normal.  Especially to hang out in private.  Be mindful most people don't set out to cheat.  They end up putting themselves in situations where an opportunity is there and it just happens.  The easiest way to not cheat is to not put yourself in those situations.  Your girlfriend is regularly putting herself in a high risk situation to cheat.  That's not normal or healthy for a relationship.  The more often it happens the more likely she would cheat.  Some people will insist on keeping these types of friendships, so you usually don't have much choice other than to deal with it or end the relationship.  It's good to have trust with someone, but you don't want to be the ostrich with your head in a hole either.