Has anyone ever been in a relationship that completely ruined your ability to trust and to start new relationships?

Found out my wife had lied to me and kept a very personal secret that would had I known before we got married would have ended our relationship. I absolutely hate her for it. Made me feel our marriage was nothing but a joke.

No, thank goodness. 

Yes. I crawled out of my first real love affair, we'd lived together 6 years, totally unable to trust my choices and decisions and heart and mind. After all, how could I leave a man I deeply believed was my partner for life and whom I still loved? I left him because he decided he'd rather be a heroin addict than be my partner. He meant it. Down the rabbit hole he went. It took me years to sort this all out with myself. I did date though. During the next 5 years, I dated two different men at length but I had no heart to give them. I didn't trust myself to make good choices. I met my husband 5 years after I left the first man I loved and it took several years into our meeting before I felt my heart and mind begin to trust each other again. 

yep, my pet goat died when I was a child. Put me off from ever adopting a kid ever again.

For a short time, yes. My first serious relationship- 4 years, all throughout college, left me with some major trust issues when it came to an end. TLDR his method of cheating was essentially living a double life. Very weird situation. 

But, with time and maturity, I overcame any trust issues I did develop.

• Kerri

Yes, and too many times.  First it was youth and naivete, then it was addiction and infatuation.  My only solution was to be a free agent for a number of years.

judge on family and house. no one cares the individual ;[