Jeff asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Why do Liberals believe the popular vote should decide elections when that is clearly not in the Constitution?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I don't know the U.S. constitution, but if that's NOT, then anyone who claims your country is a "democracy" is a fool or a liar, or both.  By Aristotle's definition, a democracy in a form of gov't in which all the eligible people vote in self-interest.  

• Random
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

For the same reason we now directly vote for Senators and vote in primary elections.  It's more democratic and gives more control to the citizenry.

In case you didn't know, and I'm assuming you don't, the original Constitutional framework had Senators being selected by state legislators  rather than by the citizens. And traditionally, the political parties just selected their nominees and didn't even bother asking the citizenry to vote for which candidate they wanted.

• James
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

1 eligible citizen voter 1 vote, this is the proper way to elect leaders.

• Sally
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Is the electoral college in the Constitution?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Things would be so much less complicated if we had a king instead of a president. And bring back the guillotine.

There are a lot of people I don't like who should not be allowed to continue on. I believe that any just king would agree with my choices.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

hmm how is the popular vote,  not the fairest system?, don't quote no laws written up with a personal political  agenda, 100's of years ago..  and see if you can unjustify my claim?

because you can't.....btw i must of learned this when i was about 4  in my first week at a school...p

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Obviously, libtrash are tyrants, and systemic racists.

• 1 month ago

The Constitution has 27 Amendments to it that add things that weren't originally  in the Constitution. And, the fact that it's not doesn't affect the belief that it SHOULD be.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They want to screw rural folks over.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.