Jeff asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Why do Liberals believe the popular vote should decide elections when that is clearly not in the Constitution?

I don't know the U.S. constitution, but if that's NOT, then anyone who claims your country is a "democracy" is a fool or a liar, or both.  By Aristotle's definition, a democracy in a form of gov't in which all the eligible people vote in self-interest.  

• Random

For the same reason we now directly vote for Senators and vote in primary elections.  It's more democratic and gives more control to the citizenry.

In case you didn't know, and I'm assuming you don't, the original Constitutional framework had Senators being selected by state legislators  rather than by the citizens. And traditionally, the political parties just selected their nominees and didn't even bother asking the citizenry to vote for which candidate they wanted.

• James

1 eligible citizen voter 1 vote, this is the proper way to elect leaders.

• Sally

Is the electoral college in the Constitution?

Things would be so much less complicated if we had a king instead of a president. And bring back the guillotine.

There are a lot of people I don't like who should not be allowed to continue on. I believe that any just king would agree with my choices.

hmm how is the popular vote,  not the fairest system?, don't quote no laws written up with a personal political  agenda, 100's of years ago..  and see if you can unjustify my claim?

because you can't.....btw i must of learned this when i was about 4  in my first week at a school...p

Obviously, libtrash are tyrants, and systemic racists.

The Constitution has 27 Amendments to it that add things that weren't originally  in the Constitution. And, the fact that it's not doesn't affect the belief that it SHOULD be.

They want to screw rural folks over.