Katy M
Katy M asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 month ago

Instead of getting mad at Southwest for unblocking middle seats, why don't people just use common sense and not fly period?

Not fly, I ain't leaving the house if I can avoid it.

• Regina

ggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

People who have to travel for work, blame your boss. Or quit.

There's a big difference between going to the grocery store or taking a walk then sitting in close quarters on an airplane with reclyced air for hours.

• Katy M

People who have to travel for work, blame your boss.  Or quit.

• RICK

Not an option for many. If my home office calls me at 4pm on Monday and says there is a meeting at 7am Wednesday  there is no way I can get there in time without flying

Some people still have to fly for busines and want to minimize risk when doing so.

There's no federal regulation regarding the blocking of middle seats so if anyone should be upset about this issue, it should be directed at the FAA, not each airline.  Most airlines have voluntarily been blocking the middle seats but at some point, they have to stop because ultimately, carrying passengers is how they stay afloat so it's just one of those situations where they have to draw at line at some point.  Not everyone will be happy about it and but it's business.  It's not going to do anyone any good if an airline goes out of business. 

• Because people need to travel for work and emergencies.

Poor airlines. They have no money. All of their CEOs are homeless beggars starving on the streets. They can’t possibly operate unless they cram travelers into their poor planes like sardines.