Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Should liberals be a bit more compassionate to Trump supporters at this difficult time in their lives?

Attachment image

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

I'm doing my best to be civil and have even chided others here for their vindictive posts. But I'm not ready to forget about 4 yrs of arrogance & ignorance just yet. Ask me again on Jan 21. I'll be in a much better mood, then.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

It depends. I have friends and family who are Trumpers, who were Tea Partiers before. Several of them got so nasty to Obama, saying Michelle was a man, that Barack was a Muslim born in Kenya, etc. etc. Then when Trump was elected, they got nastier - they got arrogant, got in your face, and those T-shirts were exactly what they spouted off about. Those people I have no compassion for, but I will continue to tolerate them because they are friends and family. I have no respect for them anymore, however.

Then I have friends and family who are Trumpers, who were Tea Partiers before, but were always kind and compassionate to others and never got arrogant, but agreed to disagree. They are and will remain my best friends and family members.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

We will treat liberals like how they treated us. I don’t think they will like it. 

Attachment image
  • Kathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The Republicans would not be more compassionate to Democrats if Trump had won.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I like the Democrat Party did not gain any seats in the House nor did it turn any state legislatures. I wouldn't get comfortable with somebody that's going to take over Congress in the midterms?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No. No one needs any phony 'compassion' from phony liberals.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

. Pictures and memes like this exist and flood social media. 

. Yet no Trump supporter I've ever known or known of would have a reason to say such a thing.

. That the media are so dishonest as to have nations believing them is enough for any logical person feel a genuine need to know what else they have you believing that isn't based in truth.

• Kate
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

My best friend is a trump supporter and I am a liberal. I do know how she feels because I felt the same way 4 years ago. It was depressing as hell and the longest 4 years of my life. I have compassion for her but not for those who feel compelled to be rude and vulgar (see above pic)  to anyone who doesn't agree with them.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I will never forgive nor forget what those morons put the country through.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.