Wouldn't it be smart to make it a felony for being in this country illegally?

First offense - One year of hard labor

Second offense - Five years of hard labor

Third offense - Ten years of hard labor

Fourth offense - We will just put you on a chain gang and work you to death

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Oh dear, another Nazi wannabe who HATES the US Constitution.

Go tell your bosses at the Moscow troll farm that you really SUCK at this.

• 2 months ago

It's quite a leap to go from being an administrative violation (NOT a crime) to be in the USA without the necessary papers all the way to making it a criminal act with over a 1-year prison term (and all that goes with being a convicted felon).

Unless they ENTERED the country illegally, it's hard to see Congress doing anything of this nature.

Realize that about half of the known "illegal immigrants" in the USA entered legally and some are even contributing to society, paying income taxes, etc.

ETA: Giving this a thumbs-down just shows that you're too ignorant to know any better.  Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity - not so much.

• 2 months ago

"Hard labour" would be a gross violation of the 8th Amendement  of the US constitution. No cruel or unusual punishment.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I think we should get rid of YOU and substitute a nice, humble, family-oriented, God-fearing, hard working illegal alien for YOU. You sound like a real a s s hole....Give your place to somebody who APPRECIATES  being an American. That’s what I say.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

more people in prison for those of us NOT in prison to support ...............

• Katya
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Foofa you cut like a knife.  I like your answers generally but I do feel Trump was much more pro-actively discouraging illegal alien entry than most other preceding him.  Maybe next election he or his progeny can finish the job.  I think making it a felony is a tad extreme as our prisons are at capacity.  Build larger prisons and stop catch and release?  Doubt that will happen during liberal Presidency.  

• 2 months ago

Hard labor is unconstitutional and cannot be a punishment issued y a US court.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That seems a bit excessive (since our own government invited them in and tolerates them in the interest of undercutting labor law). But the question as always is just who's going to make this a felony given that every administration since Truman has tacitly endorsed their presence in the US. Yes, even including Trump. Had he been serious about this he'd have fined the employers who hire illegally. Instead he just gave a bunch of speeches on the subject and ultimately presided over fewer deportations than Obama did. 

• Mike L
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

So for their first offense, they get what they do now.... yeah, that's just dumb. Offer a path to citizenship. 

• 2 months ago

........and while they are in prison breaking rocks by day, who pays all their daily bills, i.e. food, security, housing, and medical?

The simpler solution would be deportation. 

Immediate deportation, with no exceptions.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.