Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Why does my co-worker do this?

Since we are working remotely, we have a whatsapp group to communicate, whenever this certainco-worker gives me tasks and needs it done asap, or I made some mistakes, he tags my manager and not me and uses "he" when referring to me while I'm a female? I don't understand when I am the one responsible for the work he is requesting and having issues with me and my work but he will always ask questions like when is going to be done etc while tagging my manager, while I'm in the group and capable of responding lol.

If you are comfortable doing so, ask your co-worker directly to explain their behavior/attitude towards you.  Alternatively, have a private conversation with your Manager and cite evidence of what you have experienced.  Being referred to as 'he' when you are female can be considered a form of workplace bullying, so follow up and if necessary, seek guidance from your company's HR department.

DOCUMENT each incident with date and time.  CONFRONT him and report the HARASSMENT to HR.  

He obviously cannot work well with women or at least with you.  I find it to be a form of sexual harrassment.

Some people just have bad attitude. Sadly, there are lots of them around nowadays.

you need to ask him this question