Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

If invited to a gender-reveal party, is it poor etiquette to ask if they will be using any explosive devices for the gender-reveal?

I have heard of several recent news stories where people have been killed and injured by explosive devices used as props at gender-reveal parties for expectant parents.  Can I feel free to ask if any devices will be used at a party I am invited to, and can I decline the invitation if there are without being seen as rude?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Did your mommy give you answer about this stupid question?

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In light of current events that seems completely fair. You also don't want to get caught in a wildfire as happened over the summer where I live. 

• Katy M
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Absolutely OK to ask and decline for that reason. Explosives at gender reveal parties are stupid and dangerous.

• drip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If they are you can always quietly go to the back of the group and further away from any device. You go quietly move outside or inside depending on where the reveal is held.

Don’t make such a big deal about this. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I would be more worried about getting coronavirus from one of the guests at the party than whatever "explosive devices" may or may not be used.   If you're that worried, don't go.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i just wouldnt go if you think they might do that

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It might be more appropriate to ask what method they plan to use.  That way you don't limit yourself from knowing about potential risk since explosive don't represent the only danger.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Some of these parties are now playing Russian Roulette with a loaded gun.  Personally, I think that's a little crazy.

• 2 months ago

I would decline the invitation because there is a dangerous pandemic going on. 

I am amazed at the number of people ignoring health rules and getting together to spread the disease about. The expectant mother especially should not take a chance on catching covid. 

• Susie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Why would you care if you came across as rude to those who have no common sense to begin with???  As long as you ask nicely, and decline the invite mannerly, then it is not rude.  Of course many in society have no idea today how etiquette works, and may be “offended” anyway. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.