Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

When can we expect the Barbie doll to become gender neutral ?

As the former Mr. Potatohead has done.  

• Elana

I actually don't think that will happen because she has been touted as a gender model for so many years.  That is, there is too much invested in her as a female icon (unlike the late Mr. Potato Head) to all of a sudden have doubts.

That doesn't mean that Mattel ("Barbie"'s manufacturers) won't try to cash in on more gender fluidity.

I doubt they'll go after Ken, but Skipper might have a sudden reveal, or perhaps they will introduce another doll for all those kids out there who are hankering for a role model.

Real men began to die out slowly post 90's.

slowly gradually they became softer, lamer and more feminine.

todays men look like homos3xuals if you ask me, men from my generation are a template for what real men ought to look like.

todays men are mostly queers.

Why should she be?  Non gender people are less than 1% of the population.

What about the ken doll

I'm liberal but dude-the WHOLE POINT of Barbie is to be a gendered doll for little kids that just want to have fun. Having different genders is also being diverse-are you expecting every kid's toy to look the same??? Potatoes don't even have genders so it was pointless to begin with.

I SEETH AN BARBIE DOLL WITH NO VAGINA BEFORE:

• Caesar

So you expect me to believe that the Barbie male doll Ken got their gender or he looks something like a Barbie doll gender... you can explain that of course...

never, do not spoil the childhood of children your filthy democrat.

Barbie doll is for kids not for adults. Barbie doesn't bother us.

Barbie and Ken have no genitals. that's about as gender neutral as can be.

• ?

She's already flat chested and has no hips, so I mean they're pretty much already there.