Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is it normal to feel pressure along the left side of your lower head or skull?

I have been using a rounded sofa bed pillow for my head at night because my bed support broke down after 20 years of use and I wonder if the irregular shape I sleep in will lead to neck or back problems later on. 

Time for you to ask your doctor this question.  If you are getting pressure in your head that isn't relieved by normal OTC painkillers, then you need to see your doctor for a proper evaluation.  It may be the way you are sleeping, but there is simply no way for anyone to tell you via the internet what you have going on.