Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Normal/safe to share your real email address with someone you met on Craigslist but have known for years?

I met another guy on Craigslist years ago.  We meet up for boxing matches and wrestling matches.  That’s it.  We’ve known each other for years, connecting once every few months.

I still use the same made-up email address that I originally used for privacy.

At this point, any reason not to just use my real email address?

He could easily just Google my home address and find out everything about me anyway.

Thanks.

It sounds perfectly fine to give it to him.  There's another option, too, for situations where you aren't sure.  You can always set up a web based account (gmail, outlook, yahoo, etc) and just pick a generic username, like redhead1234.  It surprises me sometimes how many people don't have these, because I couldn't live without it!  When joining a new site, I never want to give them my real name, but it has to be a valid email because they send a confirm for you to click on.  I actually have 2 of these.

Should be okay.  If you are meeting some man for wrestling and "connecting" then you're probably ready to share your email address.

i dont see anything wrong with that