Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Nigel
Nigel asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

do you get sad over the men who fought and died in war?

i love our troops in america, but i also get sad at other generals (not hitler) but just other unknown generals who loved there men and witnessed them die and accepted defeat like a man? do you sometimes mourn over the men who lost there lives on behalf of a politicians war?

Sure.  I have gone to every Remembrance Day observance for the last 55 years or so; I haven't missed one.  It is a sad day.

Maybe I'm too much a realist that's centered on a focus that excluded the actions of any military. Not a matter of concern to me coldly speaking. So, in that. It's just not logical of me to worry about war. I know it's a Hell. One that must just don't understand. How would my salty tears aid those who die?

Source(s): Not my first rodeo. Such is that way. Not going to change in my lifetime.

To a degree, yes. Wars are often a result of political failure and young men with little stake in the game are usually the ones that suffer or die for it.

Oh Yes i often say thank you to the FEW in the RAF who saved my Life and saved the UK from Invasion

I Have a Framed Poster of the Few with the words Never was so much owed By so many to so Few (Winston Churchill)

They were robbed of this life. 

• ?

Democrats don't but patriotic Americans do. That's why we stand for the National Anthem, drink to their sacrifice on Veterans Day and Memorial Day, generously donate to help wounded veterans at every chance we get, etc. 

not really else i'd be an endless emotion of sorrow..because that happens all the time..

No, that thought never even crossed my mind.

It's like you want to play a constant violin for sorrow. What's up with that?

Naruto - Sadness and Sorrow (Violin Cover) - Taylor Davis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF3DCa4TbD0