Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 1 month ago

Canker Sore/Fever Blisters should i go to work still?

Frankly I've never had a cold sore outside of the mouth.

Frankly these cankers cores are cluster together inside my mouth on my lower lip and transfer to the upper lip. My lower lip always dries out and it will bleed if i peel the crust off or whatever near the cluster of canker sores. I do feel some weird pulse tingling around the neck jawline below the ear near the pulse. I feel additional discomfort nerve tingling if i press on the outside just below the lower lip (gum related).

I did have two weird hot days in a row.

Now usually cankers sore go away pretty easy if I bit my cheek from the inside, but the lips is a different story.

I'm suspecting HSV-1. Triggers my theory is not enough vitamin b12 or trauma or a bit a both. How did i get it? maybe from erotic massage or FWB which I regret.

So should i go to work? Wearing a face covering makes my lip dry out more & bleed more if try to talk  since it constant sapping the dry skin from top/bot.

"I've never had a cold sore outside of the mouth" why ignore the most important point? My lips are sensitive to any lip balm. If people cant understand me while in pain/burning feeling while wearing face covering why go to work like this?

HSV-1 is highly contagious.

Sharing a glass or a water bottle is a common way to pass them on.

If you have touched one with your hand and then touched someone else, it is possible to pass them on.

They should be kept covered at all times if you are near other people and you need to wash hands/sanitize regularly.

• ?

Yes you can still go to work, just don't kiss any on on the mouth or share things like cups, straws or utensils. I've been to work with a cold sore before covid, no one cared, they're grown ups that have seen cold sores before. 

I'm low on b12, I don't get cold sores when it's low. You can trigger break outs when you get rundown by stress, when you're sick or when your immune system is weak. You can also trigger cold sores by being out side in very hot, or very cold weather for long periods of time. 

You don't contract cold sore from an erotic massage, unless some one with a cold sore kissed you on the mouth at the time. Most people get them during child hood by being innocently kissed by a close friend or family member, that doesn't know any better. 

There are lots of cold sore remedies that you can get from a pharmacy, or you can buy them on line. Also consider getting your self some chap stick, that will help keep your lips from drying out. There are also anti viral medications that you can take, to help reduce the frequency of your break outs, and it even prevent them. 

Yes, surely, so you can afford the OTC medications.

Just DO NOT kiss anybody, even avoid any skin to skin contact.