Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I'm negotiating a bill with a representative named Scott, is it inappropriate that I start all my emails with 'Dear Scott,'?

He sounds like a nice guy but I need to get some fun out of this situation and I'm sure he gets this a lot.

It doesn't matter.

Note: His name isn't actually Scott. People in that job use pseudonyms when working with customers. Before that became common, irate customers occasionally tracked down the representatives homes. That is more difficult if you don't have a correct name.

Writing a salutation with "Dear Scott" is reserved for people whom you know well.   Using his first name only is the appropriate thing to write in this situation.