Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Why can't people just treat people with dignity and respect?

oh wait that goes against capitalist theology, you always have to feel superior to others under capitalism

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

RepubliCONS are confused and think the US is a theocracy and want to destroy anyone who thinks differently than them

• 1 month ago

You mistake dignity and respect for some people making more money than others. The two concepts are not mutually exclusive. 

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

not treating people with dignity and respect is liberal dogma, which is where the PC police and cancel culture big tech giants come into play. don't blame the lack of common courtesy and social responsibility on capitalism. 

• Jeff S
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Some do then they're taken advantage of by disrespectful morons!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I doubt that has to do with "capitalist theology". People enjoy believing themselves above others. Festinger's Social comparison theory explains how comparing ourselves to others is functional in self-evaluation and maintaining self-esteem. Comparisons with others who are better off or superior can lower self-regard, whereas downward comparisons can elevate self-regard. It's obvious why a person would rather believe that he is better than another person and not worse than them.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There is nothing in capitalism, or communism for that matter, that prescribes people treating others with anything but dignity.    This hostility is born out of frustration and I agree, it is sick.

• Kevin
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I'd settle for a certain group of people not spending every waking minute twisting the truth.  

• RockIt
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

capitalism is about competition not about feelings or anything like that.  Capitalism works best with a fair playing field where the government is a referee not a player on the field.

What's with "feelings".  Liberals interpret the world through the lens of feelings.  No wonder liberals are so f***ed up 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

EVERYTIME I did this I eventually end up fcuking and/or fighting.

Except at work.....lol

Source(s): The so called life of sex & danger 🙄
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

We need more feminine voices in government.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.