Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What is your opinion of the golden statue of Trump brought into CPAC this year?

Many Trump supporters present at CPAC seem to love the statue, and on the outside a lot of Democrats are saying the whole thing is emblematic of the cult of personality Trump has built, with a literal golden idol of him being present at the convention--even spurring some references to the 'golden calf' story in the Bible.

Is this just a harmless gesture by the artist, a patriotic homage to your favorite president, or is it tasteless or maybe bad optics to have it there? Do you have any opinion of the statue?

Attachment image

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

I think it's hilarious. The magic wand is the perfect touch - his die hard supporters truly believe he has one.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The funniest part is that it was made in Mexico.

• 1 month ago

Just more proof that the far right has seriously gone off the deep end

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Tasteless, classless, crude. Pretty much sums up Trump and the reason the left and the media. Had so much ammo against him, probably the reason. Even with the covid outbreak, he was not reelected.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Notice how not a single right-wing lunatic here in Y!A or anywhere else has howled about our flag being used......"down there".  If that isn't disrespecting our nation and our brave troops, I don't know what is.  Can how imagine the uproar and outrage coming from Republicans if any athlete taking a knee had worn a flag "down there"??  We'd still be hearing about it.  The statue is an insult to Trump and our flag and Trump's sycophants are too dense to see it.  It's hilarious!!!!

• 1 month ago

and look they made onto themselves a golden calf to bow down to their false god.

• That's how el'ites think. They believe the "above as below", until we get a valid 3rd party, all we can do is watch the children play their games.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Along with the Odal rune-shaped stage, a Raiders of the Lost Ark theme seems to emerge.

People like @mustagme are very disturbing.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

• 1 month ago

A little gaudy, but President Trump is definitely worthy of it.

Edit: why am I disturbing? At least I post without anonymity.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.